Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Open faced palm slaps hurt.... alot....

Okay... I had to check my work e-mail. Nothing fantastic yet.
I couldnt do it from home. Crap?
I know... Where is my RAS token? Hmm, good question.
IT'S AT THE OFFICE! hopefully?

garen: "ANDREA! I'm running to the office... I'll be right back"
andrea: "Take the kids with you"
garen: "CRAP ON A STICK!"

Okay, so I load the kids in the car. We motor to the office and we go inside. I look on my desk. I check the e-mail. I load the kids in the car. I check the office door to make sure it's locked. Nope, not locked... I better fix that. (Garen locks the door and pulls it shut... smiling at being responsible and doing a good job)
I get in the car. I tell hayden to put on his seatbelt so we can go home.
Keys

Keys keys keys.

WHERE THE HELL DID THE KEYS GO?

Apparently, I left them on my desk. 
No problem, I'll go back in and get them.
but wait... Smart, responsible, good job doing GAREN locked the door.

CRAP ON A STICK!

So, I call the OOD, I ask for the master keys. Well, after a 45 minute wait, he says he will be right down. Allright, we're getting somewhere now.

Well, at this point, hayden is standing in the back of our little flatbed electric car and being a pain. So I start to play with him. I was messing with his elbows and telling him to stop hitting himself as I whacked him in the head with his own hands. He apparently thought it was mildly funny.
Well, about 15 seconds in to this, I decided to throw him for a loop and whacked ME in the head with his hand. He laughed riotously. It was good. Well, after that, he took his hands back and started to slap me in the head. Well, being the AWESOME dad that I am, I hit him back. so, it "evolved". 
About 30 seconds later, the OOD showed up only to see a 5 year old and a full grown adult in an all out slap fight giggling at each other and laughing so hard that we are both drooling.
Hayden apparently thought the same thing I was thinking "Oh crap... we're busted".
His hands stuck to his side, mine did the same. We're both trying out hardest to not laugh.
The OOD let us in. I got the keys. We went home. All in all... very uneventful. But... it was good for a laugh.

Pointless? Yes.
Fun?  hoo boy.. yeah it was.

No comments: