Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dress right, Dress

So, it's thursday night. I'm kinda tired, but still very nervous. Why you ask?
Tomorrow morning at 8am, I am conducting my first uniform inspection at work.
I've been involved in many inspections, thats not a big deal. Cut my hair, iron my shirt. Suck in my gut. Etc. Receive a passing grade.
But, I'm running this one. That scares me.
I need to complete the inspection so that I can get a qual signed off. I want to make E-7 and this is a required step.
So, tomorrow morning, I'm going to the office, shiny uniform in hand, fancy shoes in my other hand, and I get to inspect the troops. 
There are 13 people in my shop, and I get to inspect while my CWO (The shop supervisor) gets to take notes for me. I personally think he is doing this so he doesn't have to be inspected. ;)
But regardless, I am going to be issuing a little bit of close order drill, asking a few questions, nitpicking peoples uniforms, and all the usual stuff that comes with this.
Here is the lame part though. 
I'm scared!
Why? I have no idea. It's not like this is going to be hard. I'm guessing that it's just my first one, and that is why I'm scared. It's not like I can really fail at this. I look at peoples uniforms. I make sure their belt and gig line is good. So, if this is SO simple, why am I SO scared?
I have checked my own uniform 6 times today. I was clipping threads, I ironed it twice. I keep adjusting my nametag. I check my ribbons relentlessly.
I even tried on my pants. This was a suprise in it's own right. THEY FIT ME GOOD!
What the deuce? How DARE they fit me good?
Either way, with that in mind, I get to do this tomorrow. Just a mere 14 hours away from this writing. 

I should make them do it outside.  >.<

No comments: