Saturday, November 8, 2008

Respect my author-a-tah

So I was talking to some friends on a forum a few weeks back and we got to talking about the priesthood lines of authority. It came up as to weather they were needed or not and who each had in theirs.
Well, I made the comment that I didn't know mine. So, after getting some basic info, I sent a letter to the church records department.
One stamp and envelope later (Plus 10 days of waiting), mine showed up in the mail last night. I was pretty excited.

I know have an official paper copy of my Priesthood Line of Authority. 
To those who don't know what it's about, it tells me exactly how I got my ordination into the priesthood.

Well, I obviously received mine from my dad. That was cool in it's own right. But, what about before then?
Well, Dad got it from Grant Harris. That was someone that was above Dad apparently. 
But before that was a line of apostles and prophets before it hit Joseph Smith, who got it from Peter, James and John, who got it from Christ himself.

HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT!

I'm 9 ordinations seperated from receiving the Priesthood from Jesus Christ!

Again, this is a church thing so those on the outside don't uderstand the signicance of this, but to those in the know... It's pretty awesome.
I was excited to receive it.

No comments: