Thursday, October 2, 2008

Having three chevrons never meant that much apparently....

I've been in the Coast guard for 6 years now. I love my job. I've been in awesome places and not awesome places. I've had good supervisors and not good supervisors. Regardless of the situation, I've always done my best to keep a chin up to the situation and enjoy what I do.
Well, 4 years ago I got promoted to IT3 (E-4). Not a big deal to some but it was big to me. I was a petty officer now. I did my job. I was a subject matter expert. I was better than a non-rate now. I was excited. Well, E-4's arent that impressive when lined up to non rates unfortunetly. Anyways, I had this IT1 who became my chief. I worked for him for a good while.
I got promoted to IT2 (The hotel manager called and told me to stop hooting and hollering when I found out I was getting promoted. It was funny)
Anyways, I promoted. Now I was excited about this and I did my job awesome. I still worked with a bunch of thirds and we did good work.
Fast forward a year. I get promoted again. (Kinda lackluster, but exciting)
Anyways, the line between Second and First is a big deal. Well, I was still working with the same chief and the same thirds (One of them now a second). 

So far, the story is kinda lame. But it all boils down to this. 

ANDREA MADE SENSE TODAY! 
Seriously... she really needs to stop doing that.

Apparently, I'm not being respected as a first and that's frustrating. Well, it's supposedly being fixed in the shop, and people are starting to call me IT1 instead of Garen. Andrea is saying I'm going to be VERY excited about the newfound "Respect"... but im not sure.
The Chiefs are saying the same thing, but again, im really not sure.

The next few months are going to be interesting because im going to experience some things that I haven't experienced before and they are supposedly good... so we'll see what happens.

No, it's not funny.
It's not entertaining.
And it probably didn't make any sense. 
But, thats kinda the thoughts that were in my head. 

And now... the world can read them.

P.S.
If you work for me, you shouldnt be reading this.

Also... I made someone cry yesterday. Is it bad that I'm smiling over that?

No comments: