Sunday, October 12, 2008

Slacking

Yup. I admit it, I've been a slacker. Its not that I've been really all that busy elsewhere, just distracted, and tired. So here's whats new in Andrea-Land.

I've lost three more pounds, bringing me down 40 total. Im thrilled about it really. On top of that, I ordered a corset for "fun" of the website www.hipsandcurves.com and bought what I thought was gonna be a good fit. Turns out its one size too big! That made me smile. 

On Saturday we got to go down to the pier downtown here and welcome in the USCGC Healy. Its a giant ass icebreaker out of Seattle. And don't worry, there's no OPSEC for this one, I asked the guys on the ship before I said anything. We took pictures and stood out in the rain for a few hours. I'll have to upload them later, they're on my hubby's iPhone. We were also there though because Garen needed to be, he was the responding IT for his ESD. Always fun to be on duty.

Sunday (today) was my 6th wedding anniversary. I decided I didn't want anything as we've spent enough money recently. However, Garen still took me out to dinner at Ocean View where I had some meh angel hair pasta in a garlic butter sauce and shrimp. They also brought me the wrong kind of ice cream, but I was just glad to have some quiet time without the kids. After dinner we went to see Eagle Eye. I enjoyed it, but then again, I'm a terrible film critic.

Somewhere along the weekend we picked up new shoes for both the kiddos and some new coats as it is starting to get really cold outside. We also stopped by the furniture store to find out why the hell our bedroom set we ordered 4 weeks ago isn't here yet. Turns out they forgot to order the bed itself or some noise like that, and it'd be at least another week. Garen demanded compensation in the form of some lamps, they gave him pillows instead.

Finally, this past week Garen keeps stealing my sewing machine, which is really deturing me from actually finishing the projects I start. So... he picked me up a newer, and better, sewing machine. Its yet another thing I never thought I'd be excited about but I was. It's still a Brother brand, but this one has all kinds of special features including some decorative stitches and the ability to support a free motion foot. It should make my quilting projects much more fun. 

Well it's getting late here, so Im gonna be off, but before i do...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GAREN! I have loved every moment with you and look forward to our future!

No comments: